I am now available as a Bird naturalist and Landscape Photography resource on a per day basis. If you are going on a personal bird photography trip and/or a landscape photography trip in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, and would like me to join you as an expert, please drop me a mail and I would love to assist you in making beautiful landscape and bird images on your trips.
Chopta, Deoria Taal Birding Tour- May-2018
May 13 @ 11:30 am - May 19 @ 5:00 pm₹19500
Chopta, Deoria Taal Birding Tour- May-2018
Deoria Taal, is an untarnished, angelic emerald lake tucked deep inside the Himalayas. The Mighty peaks seem to be meditating for thousands of years on the serene, calm waters of the Taal. The sight of peaks reflecting the golden and magnificent Sunrises and Sunsets is nothing short of Hypnotizing. With no electricity, millions of stars and occasional calls of wild animals, is the only company one has. The area is home to plethora of high Himalayan bird species and is teeming with birds.
Chopta, the starting point to Tungnath trek, situated amidst Rhododendron forests all around offers spectacular vistas of the Himalayas and one can pamper his eyes, heart, mind and soul with a spectacular view of lofty snow covered peaks and forests. The area is adorned with exotic and extremely beautiful, high Himalayan avian species of all kinds.
The trek between Tungnath and Chandrashila is home to Uttarakhand’s State Bird “Himalayan Monal” 12 months a year and offers plenty of shooting opportunities.
Join Creative Praveen Photography as we explore Deoria Taal, Chopta and Tungnath for Himalayan birds.
Features of the expedition.
- Composing an Image (Various compositional tools)
- The Preferred camera settings for shooting Birds.
- Tips and tricks of shooting the highly elusive and shy Himalayan birds.
- Basics of post processing Birds and Images.
- Critical analysis of participants Images on and after the shoot.
- Information on and the significance of the area and some interesting stories about the area.
Max Number of Participants: 4
INR 19,500 per Head
13th May to 19th May 2018 (7 Days)
Day 1: (Haridwar to Saari Village)
Our tour leaders will meet you at Haridwar Station and start our journey from the city of pilgrimage to the mighty terrains of Himalayas. It’s advised to reach Haridwar station before 12PM as travel time to our destination is around 8 Hours and night driving is not allowed in the mountains. After check-in to a small home stay, we will have a brief introduction session and some tips & precautions to be taken while in the area.
Day 2: (Saari to Deoria taal)
Early in the morning we leave for Deoria taal. Saari to Deoria taal is a small 3Kms trek. On the way expect to see a lot of high Himalayan Birds and the majestic Himalayan Vultures flying at eye level. Stay in Deoria Taal will be in tents. We check-in to our tents, explore the area, discuss composition techniques, have lunch and some rest. Late Afternoon and evening we again explore the area for birds.
Day 3: (Deoria Taal)
Today we wake up early and explore Deoria Taal for birds. Prepare to be blown away by the beauty of the exotic bird species found there.
Day 4 :(To Chopta/Dugalbitta)
Post Morning Birding session, we leave for Chopta/Dugalbitta
Day 5 :(Chopta)
Today we wake up really early and trek towards Tungnath, and if possible Chandrashila and shoot birds all the way. Post our shoot we return to our camp at Chopta/Dugalbitta and explore the area for birds in the evening.
Day 6: (Chopta)
Today we explore area around Chopta, Dugalbitta, Makkubend and other areas for birding.
Day 7: (Chopta to Haridwar)
Post breakfast we leave for Haridwar.
• Accommodation for 6 nights and 7 days (Twin/triple sharing basis)
• All meals and tea from Day 1 afternoon to Day 7 afternoon.
• Pickup and drop from and to Haridwar/Dehradun.
• All taxes and service charges.
Cost not included:
• Travel charges from your locations to Haridwar/Dehradun and vice-versa
• Mineral Water, Cold Drinks, Laundry Charges, telephone expenses, tips etc.
• Medical and travel Insurance.
Gear guide and getting ready for the expedition:
• Carry Telephotos lenses for birds (at least 400mm).
• This place is cold, so carry heavy woolen clothes for chilly mornings and evenings.
• Please do carry a sturdy tripod, for good sharp pictures in low light.
• Torch and headlamps is a must.
• A basic first aid kit along with your regular medicines as may be advised (if any)
• Backup memory cards, batteries and Laptop.
• Motion sickness is quite common while traveling on mountain roads, do carry medicines for the same.
• Please be advised that this expedition is being carried high in the Himalayas between 2000Mts and 3600Mts. Trekking is an integral part of this expedition. Please ensure good Medical and Physical fitness before confirming for the Workshop
Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for any queries
For payment please use the link below
- Please be advised weather in high Himalayas is highly unpredictable, Weather is mostly clear this time of the year, but still cannot be guaranteed.
- Deoria Taal has no electricity. Camera Batteries can be charged at Saari Village and at Chopta.
- Please ensure to carry spare batteries and Memory cards
- Accommodation will be in Tents at Deoria taal and basic home stays at Chopta/Dugalbitta. Basic Veg food will be Available at all the locations (Non Vegetarian Food will be served at an additional cost on advance intimation only).
- For people who have never stayed in tents please refer the video at the end of this page for the space available inside a tent.
- Please be advised that our daily trails will include Moderate trekking, hence make sure that you are physically fit to walk uphill and downhill along with your photography gears.( Ponies can be arranged if available for extra cost)
- If coming by flight, most advisable route will be Delhi-Dehradun (Jolly Grant Airport) followed by a road journey to Haridwar. (P.S Kindly be advised to reach meeting point of Haridwar station or nearby pick up point before 12PM)
- Plenty of trains are available to travel from New Delhi to Haridwar
- New Delhi- Dehradun Shatabdi express leaves from Delhi at 6:45AM in the morning and reaches Haridwar by 12PM.
- Or you can travel by bus from New Delhi to Haridwar, plenty of buses are available all the time.