I am now available as a Bird naturalist and Landscape Photography resource on a per day basis. If you are going on a personal bird photography trip and/or a landscape photography trip in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, and would like me to join you as an expert, please drop me a mail and I would love to assist you in making beautiful landscape and bird images on your trips.
- This event has passed.
Deoria Taal, Chopta Birding Tour- March 2018
March 18, 2018 @ 11:30 am - March 24, 2018 @ 5:30 pm₹19500
Deoria Taal, Chopta Birding Tour- March 2018
The Majestic Himalayas of Uttarakhand, apart from offering divine landscapes also are abundant in Avian Beauty. Of the 1500+ species of birds found in the India Subcontinent, Uttarakhand is home to some 600+ of them.
You wake up to the calls of multitude of song birds which adorn the area, and as you walk through the Jungles, flocks of Kalij Pheasants and White-throated laughing thrushes meet and greet you with their presence.
This small hamlet Khirsu, situated high in the Himalayas, offers you plenty and will leave you wanting for more whether you are a photography enthusiast or a Pro.
Not satisfied with birds here!!
We then move to Deoria Taal and Chopta, considered one of the best spots in Uttarakhand for capturing birds.
Join Creative Praveen’s Photography for a Birding at Khirsu, Deoria Taal and Chopta.
Max Number of Participants: 4
18th to 24th March 2018 (6 Nights/7 Days)
Features of the expedition.
- Composing an Image (Various compositional tools)
- The Preferred camera settings for shooting Birds.
- Tips and tricks of shooting the highly elusive and shy Himalayan birds.
- Basics of post processing Birds and Images.
- Critical analysis of participants Images on and after the shoot.
- Information on and the significance of the area and some interesting stories about the area.
Day 1: (Haridwar to Khirsu)
Our tour leaders will meet you at Haridwar Station and start our journey from the city of pilgrimage to the mighty terrains of Himalayas. It’s advised to reach Haridwar station before 12PM as travel time to our destination is around 6 Hours and night driving is not allowed in the mountains. Enroute we will have delicious lunch. We are scheduled to reach our destination by around 6 PM. After check-in to the hotel we will have a brief introduction session and some tips and precautions to be taken while in the area.
Day 2: (Khirsu)
We wake up pretty early today and leave for the jungles around the village. We explore the area for different species. We return for a late breakfast and then discuss the different species observed, analyse the Images taken and the ways in which they can be improved. We leave the hotel again in the evening for another bird photography session in and around the village. After coming back we again discuss the sightings and images, dinner and retire for the night.
Day 3: (Khirsu to Deoria Taal)
Post morning birding session and breakfast leave for Deoria Taal. Trek to Deoria Taal (2.5Kms) for camping. Birding at Deoria Taal
Day 4:(Deoria Taal)
Full day birding at Deoria Taal
Day 5:(Deoria Taal to Chopta)
Post morning birding session, leave for Chopta/Dugalbitta. Evening birding at Chopta
Day 6: (Chopta)
Birding at Chopta
Day 7:(Chopta to Haridwar)
Post Morning birding session, leave for Haridwar.
- Accommodation for 6 nights and 7 days ( Twin/triple sharing basis)
- All meals and tea from Day 1 Lunch to Day 7 Lunch
- Pickup and drop from and to Haridwar in Non-AC Vehicles
- All taxes, guide and service charges.
Cost not included:
- Travel charges from your locations to Haridwar and vice-versa
- Mineral Water, Cold Drinks, Laundry Charges, telephone expenses, tips etc.
- Medical and travel Insurance.
Gear guide and getting ready for the expedition:
- Carry Telephoto lenses, 400MM and above is recommended for birds
- Good Camouflage clothing as we will need to sit and wait for birds.
- This place is cold, do carry heavy woollen clothes for chilly early mornings and evenings.
- Please do carry a sturdy Tripod, for good sharp pictures in low light conditions.
- A basic first aid kit along with your regular medicines as may be advised (if any)
- Backup memory cards, batteries and Laptop.
- Motion sickness is quite common while travelling on mountain roads, do carry medicines for the same.
- Small to Medium distance treks will be done on an everyday basis, please ensure good medical and Physical fitness for the same.
Please send a mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
For Payment please use the link below
- Please be advised this is a wildlife tour, sightings may vary and there is no guarantee on the number of species that can be observed.
- Comfortable accommodation will be provided at Both Khirsu. Basic Veg food available will be provided.
- Stay in Deoria Taal will be in tents. In Chopta in decent hotels,
- Non-veg food can be provided on order by paying for it.
- Please be advised that easy to moderate trekking will be required to do during shoots, make sure that are physically fit to walk uphill and downhill along with your photography gears.
- If coming by flight, come to New Delhi and then take a flight to Dehradun (Jolly Grant Airport). Then come via road to Haridwar.
- Plenty of trains are available to travel from New Delhi to Haridwar
- New Delhi- Dehradun Shatabdi express leaves from Delhi at 6:45AM in the morning and reaches Haridwar by 11: 30 AM.
- Or you can travel by bus from New Delhi to Haridwar, plenty of buses are available all the time.