I am now available as a Bird naturalist and Landscape Photography resource on a per day basis. If you are going on a personal bird photography trip and/or a landscape photography trip in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, and would like me to join you as an expert, please drop me a mail and I would love to assist you in making beautiful landscape and bird images on your trips.
- This event has passed.
Gorson Bugyal- Landscape Photography Trip- Dec 2017
December 10, 2017 @ 8:00 am - December 16, 2017 @ 5:00 pm₹25000
Himalayan Landscapes in Winters have a charm of their own. With fresh snow on the peaks, Himalayas shine in all their glory. Add to it the warm, warm light the winter sun provides and one is set for a visual and a spiritual treat.
Auli and Gorson Bugyal, situated at approx altitude of 3000 Meters and beyond, provide majestic view of Maa Nandadevi, Dronagiri, Bethartholi and Neelkanth, to name a few. The peaks appear so close and mighty from here, one can stretch out his hand and touch the peaks. Experiencing these peaks in Golden evening light, is an experience that no words can describe.
Presenting a Landscape Photography Expedition to these majestic Bugyals of Uttarakhand this December.
Main points to be covered in this Workshop
- Composing an Image (Various composition tools)
- Using wide and Telephoto lenses to shoot Landscapes
- The Preferred camera settings for shooting a Landscape
- Various creative ways of shooting the same landscape from different perspectives and at different focal lengths.
- Critical analysis of participants Images on and after the shoot.
Max Number of Participants: 4
Scheduled Date: 10th December to 16th December 2017 (7 Days)
Cost: INR 25,000=00
10th December (Joshimath)
Today Morning we leave for Joshimath (9 Hours Drive). O/N in Joshimath
11th December (Joshimath to Gorson)
Early Morning we leave for Gorson, via Auli. Drive to Auli then a 4 Kms trek to Gorson Bugyal. Landscape photography in the evening. O/N in Tents at Gorson.
12th December (Taali)
Today morning post a morning photography session, we trek 4 kilometers to Taali. A pristine lake. Evening photography session at Taali. The trek is a undulating and extremely relaxing.
13th December (Taali to Kuwari pass)
Today morning we start our trek towards Kunwari pass, we shoot all along the way. The Bugyals in the area are majestic to say the least. We mainly shoot and if doable we reach Kunwari paas. Otherwise we shoot till our heart’s content and back to base at Taali.
14th December (Taali to Gorson)
We trek back to Gorson and shoot all day at Gorson Bugyal.
15th December (Auli )
Today morning we leave for Auli. Shoot full day here. Stay at Auli
16th December (To Haridwar)
Today Morning post breakfast, we leave for Joshimath and then to Haridwar.
- Accommodation for 6 nights and 7 days.
- All meals and tea from 10th December to 16th December afternoon.
- Camping, Guide Charges, forest permissions, porter Charges
- Pickup and drop from and to Haridwar in Non-AC Vehicles.
- All taxes and service charges.
Cost not included:
- Travel charges from your locations to Haridwar and vice-versa
- Mineral Water, Cold Drinks, Laundry Charges, telephone expenses, tips etc.
- Medical and travel Insurance.
- Any Personal expenses.
List of Essentials:
- Shirts / T-shirts
- Trousers / Track Pants
- Windproof jacket
- Fleece / Full-sleeve Woolen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woolen cap
- Mittens (Woolen gloves)
- Woolen socks (extra pairs to be carried)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Water bottle
- Cap / Hat
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Personal toiletries
Gear guide and getting ready for the expedition:
- Carry your wide angle and Telephoto for shooting Landscapes.
- We will be without electricity for 4 days, please carry atleast 3 spare batteries for the trip.
- The place would be very cold, do carry heavy woollen clothes for Nights and Mornings.
- Carry camera remote, filters and other advisable accessories for landscape photography
- Torch and headlamps is a must.
- A basic first aid kit along with your regular medicines as may be advised (if any)
- Backup memory cards, batteries.
- Motion sickness is quite common while travelling on mountain roads, do carry medicines for the same.
Please be advised that this expedition is being carried high in the Himalayas between 2000Mts to 3500Mts. There are no villages around this place for Kilometers, and is a highly remote and isolated place. Please ensure peak Medical and Physical fitness before confirming for the Workshop.
- Please be advised that weather in high Himalayas is highly unpredictable. Weather is mostly clear this time of the year, but still cannot be guaranteed.
- This is not a luxury trip, the trek would be exhausting and the facilities would be very basic.
- Please ensure that you carry at least 3 spare batteries and memory cards in addition to one in the camera.
- Accommodation will be in tents at Gorson and Taali. We will have Washroom facility till Joshimath, post which we will be using a Washroom Tent for the same. Basic Veg food/eggs will be Available at all the locations.
- Accommodation will be in Hotels in Joshimath and Auli.
- Do carry adequate rain protection for your camera gears and yourself
- For people who have never stayed in tents, please refer the video at the end for how inside of a tent looks like. It will give you an idea of the space inside a tent.
- Please be advised that our daily trails will include easy to moderate hikes. Make sure that you are physically fit to walk uphill and downhill along with your photography gears. Our Luggage will be taken by Ponies/porters.
- If coming by flight, most advisable route will be Delhi-Dehradun (Jolly Grant Airport) followed by a road journey to Haridwar. Plenty of trains are available to travel from New Delhi to Haridwar.
- Or you can travel by bus from New Delhi to Haridwar, plenty of buses are available all the time.