I am now available as a Bird naturalist and Landscape Photography resource on a per day basis. If you are going on a personal bird photography trip and/or a landscape photography trip in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, and would like me to join you as an expert, please drop me a mail and I would love to assist you in making beautiful landscape and bird images on your trips.
- This event has passed.
Har Ki Doon- Landscape Photography Trip
October 13, 2017 @ 6:00 am - October 21, 2017 @ 5:00 pm₹26000
Situated at an altitude of approx. 3,500 Meters, Har Ki Doon is a cradle shaped valley in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. Although the valley is remote, its quite famous as a trekking destination. The round trip trek is around 46Kms, but the slope is so subtle that it is considered the easiest trek for someone with no experience. The landscapes offered by the valley are amazing just to say the least.
So this October, we will explore this beautiful valley for golden morning and evenings shots of Swargarohini peak. This trek is normally completed in a week’s time, but since we will be shooting, we have extended the trip to 8 Nights and 9 Days.
Main points to be covered in this Workshop
- Composing an Image (Various composition tools)
- Using wide and Telephoto lenses to shoot Landscapes
- The Preferred camera settings for shooting a Landscape
- Various creative ways of shooting the same landscape from different perspectives and at different focal lengths.
- Critical analysis of participants Images on and after the shoot.
Max Number of Participants: 8
Scheduled Date: 13th October to 21st October 2017 (9 Days)
- Chandrahekher Chauhan
A local of Uttarakhand, a highly experienced naturalist and, a brilliant travel and landscape photographer, Chandrashekher has traveled extensively in the remote interiors of the Himalayas and has authored 2 books on the flora and fauna of the valley of flowers.
- Praveen Purohit
Praveen Purohit is an extremely passionate, Nature and Wildlife Photographer , specializing in the Himalayan region of Uttarakhand, India.His work has been published in magazines such as Smart Photography, the highly prestigious Nature’s best photography and other online magazines.
Cost: INR 26,000=00
13th October (Dehradun to Sankri)
Early Morning we leave from Dehradun to Sankri ( 8-9 Hours Drive). O/N at Sankri
14th October (Sankri-Taluka-Osla)
Today morning we drive from Sankri to Taluka (13Kms Drive), then trek 7 Kilometers. Camp midway before Osla.
15th October (To Osla)
Trek another 7 Kms and reach Osla. O/N stay at Osla in tents.
16th October (Osla to Harkidun)
Trek 12 Kms to reach Harkidun. Camp at Harkidun
17th October (Harkidun)
From Harkidun there are various treks, which go deep in to the Himalayas. We explore the valley for images this day.
18th October (Harkidun)
Today again at Harkidun
19th October (Harkidun to Osla)
Today Morning post breakfast, we leave for Osla. Camping at Osla.
20th October (Osla- Taluka- Sankri)
Downhill trek to Taluka and then another 13 Kms drive to Sankri.
21st October (Sankri to Dehradun)
Today morning we leave for Dehradun.
- Accommodation for 6 nights and 7 days in tents ( Twin sharing basis)
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Home stays.
- All meals and tea from 13th October afternoon to 21st October afternoon.
- Camping, Guide Charges, forest permissions, porter Charges
- Pickup and drop from and to Haridwar in Non-AC Vehicles.
- All taxes and service charges.
Cost not included:
- Travel charges from your locations to Haridwar and vice-versa
- Mineral Water, Cold Drinks, Laundry Charges, telephone expenses, tips etc.
- Medical and travel Insurance.
- Any Personal expenses.
List of Essentials:
- Shirts / T-shirts
- Trousers / Track Pants
- Windproof jacket
- Fleece / Full-sleeve Woolen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woolen cap
- Mittens (Woolen gloves)
- Woolen socks (extra pairs to be carried)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Water bottle
- Cap / Hat
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Personal toiletries
Gear guide and getting ready for the expedition:
- Carry your wide angle and Telephoto for shooting Landscapes.
- We will be without electricity for 7 days, please carry atleast 3 spare batteries for the trip.
- The place would be very cold, do carry heavy woollen clothes for Nights and Mornings.
- Please do carry a sturdy Tripod, for good sharp pictures in low light conditions.
- Carry camera remote, filters and other advisable accessories for landscape photography
- Torch and headlamps is a must.
- A basic first aid kit along with your regular medicines as may be advised (if any)
- Backup memory cards, batteries.
- Motion sickness is quite common while travelling on mountain roads, do carry medicines for the same.
Please be advised that this expedition is being carried high in the Himalayas between 2000Mts to 3500Mts. There are no villages around this place for Kilometers, and is a highly remote and isolated place. Please ensure peak Medical and Physical fitness before confirming for the Workshop.
- Please be advised that weather in high Himalayas is highly unpredictable. Weather is mostly clear this time of the year, but still cannot be guaranteed.
- This is not a luxury trip, the trek would be exhausting and the facilities would be very basic.
- Please ensure that you carry at least 3 spare batteries and memory cards in addition to one in the camera.
- Accommodation will be in tents from Sankri onwards. We will have Washroom facility till sankri, post which we will be using a Washroom Tent for the same. Basic Veg food/eggs will be Available at all the locations.
- Do carry adequate rain protection for your camera gears and yourself
- For people who have never stayed in tents, please refer the video at the end for how inside of a tent looks like. It will give you an idea of the space inside a tent.
- Please be advised that our daily trails will include easy to moderate hikes. Make sure that you are physically fit to walk uphill and downhill along with your photography gears. Our Luggage will be taken by Ponies.
- If coming by flight, most advisable route will be Delhi-Dehradun (Jolly Grant Airport) followed by a road journey to Haridwar. Plenty of trains are available to travel from New Delhi to Haridwar.
- Or you can travel by bus from New Delhi to Haridwar, plenty of buses are available all the time.