I am now available as a Bird naturalist and Landscape Photography resource on a per day basis. If you are going on a personal bird photography trip and/or a landscape photography trip in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, and would like me to join you as an expert, please drop me a mail and I would love to assist you in making beautiful landscape and bird images on your trips.
- This event has passed.
Landscape Photography Expedition- Land of Sanjeevani
September 16 @ 8:00 am - September 23 @ 5:00 pm₹28000
“Landscape Photography Expedition- Land of Sanjeevani”
Remember the Sanjeevani Booti from Ramayana, for which Hanuman had to bring a whole Mountain (named Dronagiri) from Himalayas to now Sri Lanka for curing Lakshman.
Well that mountain exists and it exists deep in the Himalayas. In-fact there is a village named after the peak called Dronagiri, and we intend to explore that beautiful valley for what we do best, capture landscapes of-course.
This trek provides awe-inspiring views of Dronagiri East, Changa Banga, Hardeol to name a few. September offers the best combination of clear weather and clouds, and provides opportunities for unique and beautiful landscape Images.
Together with me and Chandrashekhar Chauhan as your photography mentors, you can be rest assured of making awe inspiring images on this beautiful trek.
Main points to be covered in this Workshop
- Composing an Image (Various composition tools)
- Using wide and Telephoto lenses to shoot Landscapes
- The Preferred camera settings for shooting a Landscape
- Various creative ways of shooting the same landscape from different perspectives and at different focal lengths.
- Critical analysis of participants Images on and after the shoot.
Maximum Number of Participants: 8
Scheduled Dates: 16th September to 23rd September 2018 (8 Days/7 Nights)
Cost: INR 28,000=00
Registration and Payment: Please use the below link for payment
Drive from Dehradun/Haridwar to Joshimath
Joshimath to Rwing Village (45Kms by road, 2Km trek)
Rwing village to Dronagiri Village ( 8Kms Trek)
19th September (Dronagiri Village to Lower Bagini, 7Kms Trek)
Dronagiri village to Lower Bagini, we camp here for the night. Lower Bagini glacier is situated at an altitude of approx 3900 Meters. Shooting landscapes in the evening.
20th September (Lower Bagini to Upper Bagini, 14 Kms trek)
Today we trek from Lower Bagini to Upper Bagini . At an altitude of 4800Mts, upper bagini provides majestic views of Himalayan peaks like Dronagiri. Spend the day here and trek back to Lower bagini for night stay.
21st September (Lower Bagini to Gharpak Village, 12Kms Trek)
Post morning shoot, we began our trek back, via a different route to Gharpak village. This route again provides majestic views of Himalayan peaks like Dronagiri, Changabang, Hardeol etc.
22nd September (Gharpak Village to Joshimath)
Post shooting, we leave for Joshimath. Trek distance of 10 Kms and 45Kms by road. Night stay in Joshimath
23rd September (Joshimath to Haridwar/Dehradun)
Today we leave for Haridwar/Dehradun.
- Accommodation for 5 nights and 6 days in tents ( Twin sharing basis)
- Accommodation for 2 Hotels in Joshimath
- All meals and tea from Day 1 to Day 8
- Camping, Guide Charges, forest permissions, porter Charges
- Pickup and drop from and to Haridwar/Dehradun in Non-AC Vehicles.
- All taxes and service charges.
Cost not included:
- Travel charges from your locations to Haridwar/Dehradun and vice-versa
- Mineral Water, Cold Drinks, Laundry Charges, telephone expenses, tips etc.
- Medical and travel Insurance.
- Any Personal expenses.
List of Essentials:
- Shirts / T-shirts
- Trousers / Track Pants
- Windproof jacket
- Fleece / Full-sleeve Woolen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woolen cap
- Mittens (Woolen gloves)
- Woolen socks (extra pairs to be carried)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Water bottle
- Cap / Hat
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Personal toiletries
Gear guide and getting ready for the expedition:
- Carry your wide angle and Telephoto for shooting Landscapes.
- We will be without electricity for 7 days, please carry atleast 3 spare batteries for the trip.
- The place would be very cold, do carry heavy woollen clothes for Nights and Mornings.
- Please do carry a sturdy Tripod, for good sharp pictures in low light conditions.
- Carry camera remote, filters and other advisable accessories for landscape photography
- Torch and headlamps is a must.
- A basic first aid kit along with your regular medicines as may be advised (if any)
- Backup memory cards, batteries.
- Motion sickness is quite common while traveling on mountain roads, do carry medicines for the same.
Please be advised that this expedition is being carried high in the Himalayas between 2000Mts to 4800Mts. There are no villages around this place for Kilometers, and is a highly remote and isolated place. Please ensure peak Medical and Physical fitness before confirming for the Workshop.
- Please be advised that weather in high Himalayas is highly unpredictable. Weather is mostly clear this time of the year, but still cannot be guaranteed.
- This is not a luxury trip, the trek would be exhausting and the facilities would be very basic.
- Please ensure that you carry at least 3 spare batteries and memory cards in addition to one in the camera.
- Accommodation will be in tents from Joshimath onwards. We will have Washroom facility till Joshimath, post which we will be using a Washroom Tent for the same. Basic Veg food/eggs will be Available at all the locations.
- Do carry adequate rain protection for your camera gears and yourself
- Please be advised that our daily trails will include moderate to tough hikes. Make sure that you are physically fit to walk uphill and downhill along with your photography gears. Our Luggage will be taken by Ponies.
- If coming by flight, most advisable route will be Delhi-Dehradun (Jolly Grant Airport) followed by a road journey to Haridwar. Plenty of trains are available to travel from New Delhi to Haridwar/Dehradun.