I am now available as a Bird naturalist and Landscape Photography resource on a per day basis. If you are going on a personal bird photography trip and/or a landscape photography trip in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, and would like me to join you as an expert, please drop me a mail and I would love to assist you in making beautiful landscape and bird images on your trips.
- This event has passed.
Mandal, Deoria Taal, Chopta Bird Photography- March 2017
March 12, 2017 @ 11:40 am - March 18, 2017 @ 5:00 pm₹20226
Deoria Taal is an untarnished, angelic emerald lake tucked deep in the Himalayas of Uttarakhand. The might peaks of Chaukhamba, Kedarnath, Mandini etc. seem to be meditating on the serene, calm waters of the taal. The area is home to plethora of high Himalayan Bird species and is teeming with birds.
Surrounded by Pine, Deodars and Rhododendrons, Chopta and the areas surrounding it are adorned with highly exotic and beautiful Himalayan avian beauties of all kinds.
Mandal is a small Hamlet situated on the Confluence of Balkhilya and Atri Ganga and is at the time home to plethora of migratory high Himalayan Birds.
Features of the expedition.
- Composing an Image (Various compositional tools)
- The Preferred camera settings for shooting Birds.
- Tips and tricks of shooting the highly elusive and shy Himalayan birds.
- Basics of post processing Birds and Images.
- Critical analysis of participants Images on and after the shoot.
- Information on and the significance of the area and some interesting stories about the area.
Max number of participants: 4
Cost: INR 20,226 per head
Scheduled Dates: 12th to 18th March 2017
12th March 2017 (Haridwar to Saari)
We start from Haridwar station at 12PM in the afternoon for our journey towards Saari Village, the base for trek to Deoria taal. Lunch enroute. Dinner in neat and basic home-stays in Saari Village.
13th March 2017 (Deoria)
Early morning we start our short 3Kms trek towards Deoria Taal, we shoot birds all along the way. We again shoot birds at Deoria Taal and then have a late Breakfast. Camping will be in tents in Deoria Taal. In the evening we again explore the area for birds. Campfire and food under the stars in our Tents.
14th March 2017 (To Chopta/Dugalbitta)
Extended early morning birding session at Deoria taal. Post break fast we trek and bird along the way to Saari. From Saari we leave for Dugalbitta/Chopta). In the evening we explore around for birds. Dinner and stay in basic homestays.
15th March 2017 (Chopta/Tungnath)
Today we travel in Vehicles to Chopta and if permissible and doable, Tungnath else we explore Baniyakund, Dugalbitta and areas along Makku Road. Packed food for lunch.
16th March 2017 (Deoria Taal to Dugalbitta/Makku Bend)
Full day birding on the road from Dugalbitta to Makku Village, Makku farm and areas.
17th March 2017 (Mandal)
Today we travel along the pristine road leading from Chopta to Mandal, birding all along the way. Late afternoon birding in Mandal.
18th March 2017 (To Haridwar)
After an early morning birding session, we leave for Haridwar for our onward journey.
Queries and Questions:
For any questions please do send me a mail at email@example.com of call on +91 7310702576 , +91 8419927006
Click below for payment
- Accommodation for 6 Nights and 7 days
- All Meals and Tea from 12th March afternoon to 18th March afternoon
- Pickup and drop from and to Haridwar
- Entry fees, guide fees, Vehicle charges
Cost not Included:
- Travel charges from your location to Haridwar and vice-versa
- Mineral Water, Cold Drinks, Laundry Charges, telephone expenses, tips etc.
- Medical and travel Insurance.
Gear guide and getting ready for the expedition:
- Carry Telephotos lenses for birds (at least 400mm)
- This place is cold, so carry heavy woollen clothes
- Please do carry a sturdy tripod, for good sharp pictures in low light.
- A basic first aid kit along with your regular medicines as may be advised (if any)
- Backup memory cards, batteries and Laptop.
- Motion sickness is quite common while traveling on mountain roads, do carry medicines for the same.
- Please be advised that this expedition is being carried high in the Himalayas between 2000Mts and 3600Mts. Trekking is an integral part of this expedition. Please ensure good Medical and Physical fitness before confirming for the Workshop
- Please be advised weather in high Himalayas is highly unpredictable, Weather is mostly clear this time of the year, but still cannot be guaranteed.
- Deoria Taal has no electricity. Camera Batteries can be charged at Saari Village, Chopta and Mandal.
- Please ensure to carry spare batteries and Memory cards
- Accommodation will be in Tents at Deoria taal and basic home stays at Chopta/Dugalbitta. Basic Veg food will be Available at all the locations (Non Vegetarian Food will be served at an additional cost on advance intimation only).
- For people who have never stayed in tents please refer the video at the end of this page for the space available inside a tent.
- Please be advised that our daily trails will include Moderate trekking, hence make sure that you are physically fit to walk uphill and downhill along with your photography gears.( Ponies can be arranged if available for extra cost)
- If coming by flight, most advisable route will be Delhi-Dehradun (Jolly Grant Airport) followed by a road journey to Haridwar. (P.S Kindly be advised to reach meeting point of Haridwar station or nearby pick up point before 12PM)
- Plenty of trains are available to travel from New Delhi to Haridwar
- New Delhi- Dehradun Shatabdi express leaves from Delhi at 6:45AM in the morning and reaches Haridwar by 12PM.
- Or you can travel by bus from New Delhi to Haridwar, plenty of buses are available all the time.