I am now available as a Bird naturalist and Landscape Photography resource on a per day basis. If you are going on a personal bird photography trip and/or a landscape photography trip in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, and would like me to join you as an expert, please drop me a mail and I would love to assist you in making beautiful landscape and bird images on your trips.
- This event has passed.
Rudranath, Panar- Landscape Photography Expedition- April 2018
April 22 @ 11:30 am - April 28 @ 5:00 pm₹21000
Rudranath, Panar- Landscape Photography Expedition- April 2018
The most remote of all the Panch Kedars in Uttarakhand, situated at an altitude of 3600Mts, an expanse of high Altitude Alpine meadows so vast it stretches Kilometres. Snow clad is the region for 7 Months, beginning to melt from the month of April, and this is precisely when we will be exploring the snow clad Bugyals of Panar and beyond. Situated deep inside the Himalayas, Panar Bugyal offers Majestic and real close up views of the snow clad peaks of Mighty Trishul, Maa Nandadevi, Dronagiri, Hathi and Ghodi and a lot of other peaks. The trek is adorned with Rhododendrons in the hundreds and the place seems to be washed in hues of pinks and reds.
The way from Panar to Rudranath is a stretch of beautiful Alpine Meadows for kilometres, covered in snow it will be and if we can we will travel to Lord Shiva’s Adobe Rudranath. A Journey that will test you, stretch you out of your comfort zone, exhaust you but also bless you beyond measure. A place that will leave your camera shutters rolling all day, until your batteries die or memory cards get filled. A journey that will take make you finally realize how exceptionally wonderful and beautiful mother earth is.
Join Creative Praveen Photography , as we explore the divine bugyals of Panar and Rudranath this April.
Max Number of Participants: 4
Scheduled Date: 22nd April to 28th April 2018 (7 Days)
Features of the expedition.
- Composing an Image (Various compositional tools)
- The Preferred camera settings for shooting Landscapes.
- Tips and tricks of shooting the majestic landscapes using Wide angle and Telephoto lenses.
- Basics of post processing Images.
- Critical analysis of participants Images on and after the shoot.
- Information on and the significance of the area and some interesting stories about the area.
Day 1 (Haridwar to Gopeshwar)
Our tour leaders will meet you at Haridwar Station and start our journey from the city of pilgrimage to the mighty terrains of Himalayas. It’s advised to reach Haridwar station before 12PM as travel time to our destination is around 9 Hours and night driving is not allowed in the mountains.]After check-in to the hotel, we will have a brief introduction session, dinner and rest for the night.
Day 2 (Gopeshwar to Panar Bugyal)
Today we wake up Early Morning aroud 4, get ready and leave for Panar Bugyal by 6 AM. Trek to Panar Bugyal is approx. 15 Kms.Though the trek is difficult, it passes through very dense, beautiful forests, natural streams flowing at a thousand locations making the trek a really relaxing one. Evening camping at Panar Bugyal.
Day 3 (Panar- Rudranath-Panar)
Today again we wake up early Morning before sunrise for beautiful Landscapes, then begin our trek through the snow covered pastures of the Valley toward Rudranath. Rudranath experiences very heavy snow fall and depending upon the amount of snow we either trek all the way or do only a small stretch. Nonetheless the valley is beautiful and no matter how short or long the trek, we shoot the beautiful Himalayas and then back to Panar for the night. Star trails and image discussion (besides a campfire) at night.
Day 4 (Panar Bugyal, Taulli Tal)
Half day landscape photography at Panar Bugyal. Post lunch we start our descent towards Gopeshwar, a downwards trek of around 4 kms takes us to Taulli Tal which would be our stay for the night. Taulli tal is a high altitude lake set up in a dense patch of Jungle. This tal offers lovely landscapes and we shoot in the evening.
Day 5 (Taulli Tal to Gopeshwar)
Post morning photography and breakfast we leave for Gopeshwar. Shooting and walking through the dense high altitude forests. We reach Gopeshwar by late evening and then retire for the night.
Day 6 (Gopeshwar)
We would be really tired by the excursions of the past few days and today we relax and give ourselves the much needed rest. If the participants are willing to we can go to Chopta, very early in the morning and do some birding till afternoon.
Day 7 (Gopeshwar to Haridwar)
Today Morning post breakfast, we leave to Haridwar for our onward journey.
Cost: INR 21,000
- Accommodation for 6 nights and 7 days in tents ( Twin sharing basis)
- All meals and tea from Day 1 afternoon to Day 7 afternoon.
- Pickup and drop from and to Haridwar in Non-AC Vehicles.
- All taxes and service charges.
Cost not included:
- Travel charges from your locations to Haridwar and vice-versa
- Mineral Water, Cold Drinks, Laundry Charges, telephone expenses, tips etc.
- Medical and travel Insurance.
- Going to Chopta is optional, and can be done on a cost sharing basis.
Gear guide and getting ready for the expedition:
- Carry your wide angle and Telephoto for shooting Landscapes.
- The place would be very cold, do carry heavy woollen clothes for Nights and Mornings.
- Please do carry a sturdy Tripod, for good sharp pictures in low light conditions.
- Carry camera remote, filters and other advisable accessories for landscape photography
- Torch and headlamps is a must.
- A basic first aid kit along with your regular medicines as may be advised (if any)
- Backup memory cards, batteries and Laptop.
- Motion sickness is quite common while travelling on mountain roads, do carry medicines for the same.
I can’t insist this enough, please read the below carefully.
- Please be advised that this expedition is being carried high in the Himalayas between 2000Mts to 3500Mts. There are no villages around this place for Kilometers, and is a highly remote and isolated place. Please ensure peak Medical and Physical fitness before confirming for the Workshop
Registration: Please send a mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
For payment please use the link below:
- Please be advised weather in high Himalayas is Highly Unpredictable. Weather is mostly clear this time of the year, but still cannot be guaranteed.
- This is not a luxury trip, the trek would be exhausting and the facilities would be very basic.
- Panar Bugyal has no electricity. Camera Batteries can be charged at Gopeshwar. Post which we will be without electricity for 3 nights.
- Please ensure that you carry at least 2 spare batteries and memory cards in addition to one in the camera.
- Accommodation will be in Tents at Panar Bugyal on twin sharing Basis. We will have Washroom facility till Gopeshwar, post which we will be using a Washroom Tent for the same. Basic Veg food will be Available at all the locations.
- Do carry adequate rain protection for your camera gears and yourself
- For people who have never stayed in tents, please refer the video below for how inside of a tent looks like. It will give you an idea of the space inside a tent.
- Please be advised that our daily trails will include Moderate to difficult trekking, hence make sure that you are physically fit to walk uphill and downhill along with your photography gears. Our Luggage will be taken by Ponies.
- If coming by flight, most advisable route will be Delhi-Dehradun (Jolly Grant Airport) followed by a road journey to Haridwar. (P.S Kindly be advised to reach meeting point of Haridwar station or nearby pick up point before 12 PM)
- Plenty of trains are available to travel from New Delhi to Haridwar.
- New Delhi- Dehradun Shatabdi express leaves from Delhi at 6:45AM in the morning and reaches Haridwar by 11:30 AM.
- Or you can travel by bus from New Delhi to Haridwar, plenty of buses are available all the time.