I am now available as a Bird naturalist and Landscape Photography resource on a per day basis. If you are going on a personal bird photography trip and/or a landscape photography trip in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, and would like me to join you as an expert, please drop me a mail and I would love to assist you in making beautiful landscape and bird images on your trips.
- This event has passed.
Srinagar, Deoria taal,Chopta Birding Tour- Feb 2017
February 19, 2017 @ 11:45 am - February 25, 2017 @ 5:00 pm₹20226
A small secluded Village nestled calmly in the remote Himalayas of Uttarakhand (Near Srinagar). A Place though known very well to nature lovers, very rarely do birders come here. This place offers stunning vistas of the Himalayas and is teething with plethora of Himalayan birds.
Deoria Taal is an untarnished, angelic emerald lake tucked deep in the Himalayas of Uttarakhand. The might peaks of Chaukhamba, Kedarnath, Mandini etc. seem to be meditating on the serene, calm waters of the taal. The area is home to plethora of high Himalayan Bird species and is teeming with birds.
Surrounded by Pine, Deodars and Rhododendrons, Chopta and the areas surrounding it are adorned with highly exotic and beautiful Himalayan avian beauties of all kinds.
Features of the expedition.
- Composing an Image (Various compositional tools)
- The Preferred camera settings for shooting Birds.
- Tips and tricks of shooting the highly elusive and shy Himalayan birds.
- Basics of post processing Birds and Images.
- Critical analysis of participants Images on and after the shoot.
- Information on and the significance of the area and some interesting stories about the area.
Max number of participants: 4
Cost: INR 20,226 per head
Scheduled Dates: 19th to 25th Feb 2017
19th Feb 2017 (Haridwar to Near Srinagar)
We start from Haridwar station at 12PM in the afternoon for our journey towards this remotely nestled pristine village Lunch enroute. Dinner in neat and basic home-stays.
20th Feb 2017
Full day birding at this pristine area teething with Himalayan Birds.
21st Feb 2017 (To Saari)
Post our morning shooting session and breakfast, we travel leisurely to Deoria Taal birding along the way. In the evening we trek towards Deoria Taal birding along the track. Camping in tents
22nd Feb 2017 (Deoria Taal)
Full day birding at Deoria Taal. Food and stay in Tents
23rd Feb 2017 (Deoria Taal to Dugalbitta/Makku Bend)
Post morning session, we trek back to Saari village and then leave for Makku Bend/Dugalbitta (depending on snow conditions). Evening photography session in areas around Dugalbitta to Makkubend.
24th Feb 2017 (Chopta)
Early morning we leave for Chopta in Vehicles (If road permits), else we trek through the Jungles towards Chopta. Alternatively we explore the areas around Makku road, Makku Bend and Makku Village for birds the whole day.
25th Feb 2017 (To Haridwar)
After an early morning birding session, we leave for Haridwar for our onward journey.
Queries and Questions:
For any questions please do send me a mail at email@example.com of call on +91 7310702576 , +91 8419927006
Click Below for Payment
- Accommodation for 6 Nights and 7 days
- All Meals and Tea from 19th Feb afternoon to 25th Feb afternoon
- Pickup and drop from and to Haridwar
- Entry fees, guide fees, Vehicle charges
Cost not Included:
- Travel charges from your location to Haridwar and vice-versa
- Mineral Water, Cold Drinks, Laundry Charges, telephone expenses, tips etc.
- Medical and travel Insurance.
Gear guide and getting ready for the expedition:
- Carry Telephotos lenses for birds (at least 400mm)
- This place is cold, so carry heavy woollen clothes
- Please do carry a sturdy tripod, for good sharp pictures in low light.
- A basic first aid kit along with your regular medicines as may be advised (if any)
- Backup memory cards, batteries and Laptop.
- Motion sickness is quite common while traveling on mountain roads, do carry medicines for the same.
- Please be advised that this expedition is being carried high in the Himalayas between 2000Mts and 3600Mts. Trekking is an integral part of this expedition. Please ensure good Medical and Physical fitness before confirming for the Workshop
- Please be advised weather in high Himalayas is highly unpredictable, Weather is mostly clear this time of the year, but still cannot be guaranteed.
- Deoria Taal has no electricity. Camera Batteries can be charged at Saari Village, Srinagar and at Chopta.
- Please ensure to carry spare batteries and Memory cards
- Accommodation will be in Tents at Deoria taal and basic home stays at Chopta/Dugalbitta. Basic Veg food will be Available at all the locations (Non Vegetarian Food will be served at an additional cost on advance intimation only).
- For people who have never stayed in tents please refer the video at the end of this page for the space available inside a tent.
- Please be advised that our daily trails will include Moderate trekking, hence make sure that you are physically fit to walk uphill and downhill along with your photography gears.( Ponies can be arranged if available for extra cost)
- If coming by flight, most advisable route will be Delhi-Dehradun (Jolly Grant Airport) followed by a road journey to Haridwar. (P.S Kindly be advised to reach meeting point of Haridwar station or nearby pick up point before 12PM)
- Plenty of trains are available to travel from New Delhi to Haridwar
- New Delhi- Dehradun Shatabdi express leaves from Delhi at 6:45AM in the morning and reaches Haridwar by 12PM.
- Or you can travel by bus from New Delhi to Haridwar, plenty of buses are available all the time.