I am now available as a Bird naturalist and Landscape Photography resource on a per day basis. If you are going on a personal bird photography trip and/or a landscape photography trip in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, and would like me to join you as an expert, please drop me a mail and I would love to assist you in making beautiful landscape and bird images on your trips.
Valley of flowers, Hemkund- Landscape Photography Tour- August 2018
August 26 @ 7:00 am - September 1 @ 5:30 pm₹19500
Valley of flowers, Hemkund- Landscape Photography Tour- August 2018
“Valley of Flowers” also locally called as “Bhyundar Valley” is home to some 290 species of flowers, many of which are endemic to, and found only in the upper elevation of the Himalayas. The Valley seems to be carpeted with flowers, so much so, that at some places one can hardly see beyond the flowers to the valley floor below.
A zillion hues of Pink, Red, Yellow and blue seem to carpet the valley at its peak in August and September.
Apart from flowers, majestic Landscapes and a plethora of high Himalayan birds adorn the beautiful valley during the time. With the rains starting to recede from the month of August mid, this time offers the best combination of flowers in full bloom and clear weather, making it a perfect time to explore this beautiful bit of Heaven on earth.
This place is also base for the Hemkund Saheb trek, a very pristine located high altitude Sikh devotional place. And offers amazing landscape photographic opportunity.
Creative Praveen Photography and Vasundhara Creations, announces a Landscape and Macro Photography Expedition to the “Valley of flowers, Hemkund” this August 2018.
Salient points of the Expedition
- Composing an Image (Various composition tools)
- Using wide and Telephoto lenses to shoot Landscapes
- Using Wide and Telephoto lenses for shooting Macro of flowers.
- Creatively using external flash for shooting flowers
- Shooting macro employing various techniques of lightning the subject (Side, Top, Bottom, back etc.)
- The Preferred camera settings for shooting Landscapes and Macro of flowers
- Various creative ways of shooting the same landscape from different perspectives and at different focal lengths.
- The post processing behind the Images.
- Critical analysis of participants Images on and after the shoot.
- Chandrashekhar S Chauhan:
An ardent traveler, Nature lover and a well-known landscape and travel photographer, Chandra Shekhar S Chauhan is a local resident of Bhyundar Valley i.e. Valley of Flowers. Apart from writing a number of books on Valley of Flowers, he also has made a documentary on the flora and fauna found in VoF. The documentary is being showed in Ghangharia’s EDC interpretation centre for the past few years. He has also served as a naturalist to travelers in Valley of Flowers for many years.
2. Praveen Purohit
Praveen Purohit is an Explorer, Wildlife and Nature Photographer, Traveler, Himalayan Fanatic and madly in love with photographing the majestic beauty of the Himalayas. Praveen specializes in capturing the beautiful Landscapes and birds of the Himalays, and is work has been published in magazines such as Smart Photography, Nature’s Best Photography.
Max Number of Participants: 8
Scheduled Date: 26th August to 1st September 2018 (7 Days)
Cost: INR 19,500=00
Registration and Payment: Please send a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for any queries.
For Payment, please use the link below
Day 1 (Haridwar to Govindghat)
Our tour leaders will meet you at Haridwar Station and start our journey from the city of pilgrimage to the mighty terrains of Himalayas. It’s advised to reach Haridwar station before 7.00 AM as travel time to our destination is around 12 Hours and night driving is not allowed in the mountains. En-route we will have delicious lunch and tea. We reach our destination by around 8PM. After check-in to the hotel, we will have a brief introduction session, dinner and rest for the night.
Day 2 (Govindghat to Ghangaria, 11Kms Trek)
Today we wake up Early Morning, have breakfast and leave for Ghangaria by 8 AM. Though a long trek, the gradient is pretty gradual and it passes through very dense, beautiful forests. We reach Ghangaria, check into our hotels, rest and then post dinner retire for the night.
Day 3 (Ghangaria to Valley of Flowers, 8 to 10Kms Trek)
Get ready to be spellbound by one of nature’s finest creation. Today we have an early breakfast and leave for Valley by 6:30 am, we will pack lunch for the afternoon and explore the valley for beautiful landscapes and plethora of flowers. Evening we return to Ghangaria and discuss on participants images
Day 4 (Ghangaria to Valley of Flowers, 8 to 10Kms Trek)
The valley is so abundant in beauty, it’s impossible to comprehend and capture it, in all its glory in a single day. Today we again explore the valley for landscapes and beautiful flowers.
Day 5 (Ghangaria to Hemkund Saheb, 14Kms To and Fro)
Early morning, post breakfast we leave for Hemkund Saheb. The trek is considered to be moderately tough. The trek route is beautiful all along the way and we shoot and trek our way up. On reaching Hemkund we shoot the landscapes around the beautiful Glacial lake. We can carry packed lunch or can enjoy a very delicious tea and Khichdi at the Gurudwara at Hemkund. Return to Ghangaria for the night.
Day 6 (Ghangaria to Govindghat, 11 Kms)
We would be really tired after our adventures of the previous days, so today we have a late breakfast and start our trek down to Govindghat. Check in to our hotels and rest for the night.
Day 7 (Govindghat to Haridwar)
Today Morning post breakfast, we leave to Haridwar for our onward journey.
- 30 Days prior to expedition, 75% of the total amount refunded.
- 15 Days prior to expedition, 50% of the total amount refunded.
- 0- 14 Days prior to Expedition, No refund possible.
- Accommodation for 6 nights and 7 days in Hotels ( Twin/Triple sharing basis)
- All meals and tea from Day 1 afternoon to Day 7 afternoon.
- Hotel stay, food, Entry charges, Guide Charges.
- Pony charges for carrying our luggage between Ghangaria and Govindghat.
- Pickup and drop from and to Haridwar in Non-AC Vehicles.
- All taxes and service charges.
Cost not included:
- Travel charges from your locations to Haridwar and vice-versa
- Pony Charges on the trekking route used personally by participants.
- The food will be served on a per plate basis or we will have a buffet system, any other ordering apart from the plate will be borne by the participant.
- Mineral Water, Cold Drinks, Laundry Charges, telephone expenses, tips etc.
- Medical and travel Insurance.
Things to Carry
- Water resistant trekking pants
- Windproof/ water resistant jacket.
- Thick Fleece/ Full-sleeve woollen sweater
- Thermal Inners
- Woollen cap
- Woollen and regular socks
- Comfortable Trekking shoes with good water grip
- Raincoat/ Poncho
- Sun glasses
- Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
Gear guide and getting ready for the expedition:
- Carry your wide angle and Telephoto for shooting Landscapes and Macro Lenes (If Available) for shooting flowers.
- The place would be cold, do carry heavy woollen clothes for Nights and Mornings.
- Please do carry a sturdy Tripod, for good sharp pictures in low light conditions.
- Carry camera remote, filters, external flashes and other advisable accessories for landscape and macro photography
- A basic first aid kit along with your regular medicines as may be advised (if any)
- Backup memory cards, batteries and Laptop.
- Motion sickness is quite common while travelling on mountain roads, do carry medicines for the same.
Please be advised that this expedition is being carried high in the Himalayas between 2000Mts to 4,500Mts. Please ensure peak Medical and Physical fitness before confirming for the Workshop. Keeping yourself fit by exercising and jogging/walking, would be a good way to prepare yourself for the expedition.
- Please be advised that weather in high Himalayas is highly unpredictable. Weather is mostly clear this time of the year, but still cannot be guaranteed.
- We will be staying in good hotels, on twin/triple sharing basis. This expedition entails a good amount of trekking.
- Electricity would be available on all days.
- Please ensure that you carry at least 1 spare battery and memory card in addition to one in the camera.
- Do carry adequate rain protection for your camera gears and yourself
- Please be advised that our daily trails will include Moderate to difficult trekking, hence make sure that you are physically fit to walk uphill and downhill along with your photography gears. Our Luggage will be taken by Ponies.
- If coming by flight, most advisable route will be Delhi-Dehradun (Jolly Grant Airport) followed by a road journey to Haridwar. (P.S Kindly be advised to reach meeting point of Haridwar station or nearby pick up point before 7 A.M.)
- Plenty of trains are available to travel from New Delhi to Haridwar.
- Or you can travel by bus from New Delhi to Haridwar, plenty of buses are available all the time.